Dr Beatrice Dantoc *
MBBS (Hons), FRACGP
Dr Kavitha Karuna
Dr Jeffrey Wang
MBBS, FRACGP, Bphty (Hon)
Dr Helen Deshmukh
MBBS, FRACGP, DCH
*On maternity leave
Dr Nay Thitsar Tun
MBBS, FRACGP, Dip in Child Health
Myhealth Brisbane Showgrounds is a Mixed Billings Medical Centre. We take pride in offering the highest standard of medical care to our patients in our new purpose built centre located in the newly developed King Street precinct with access via Machinery Street.
We have a strong focus on preventative and supportive health care and enjoy our roles in pre-conception to end of life care.
We offer a friendly, convenient, accessible and professional service.
Parking validation is available if parking at 41 Costin Street Car Park (please notify reception on arrival to validate).
Appointment bookings are preferred however we will do our best to accommodate any walk-ins based on our availabilities on the day.
We offer a full range of Medical and allied services onsite.
Our services include:
• Immunisations and Child health
• Travel Medicine including Yellow Fever vaccinations
• Women’s Health including Implanon and Mirena insertion/removals
• Men’s Health
• Mental Health including Mental Health Care plans
• Antenatal GP Shared Care and Postnatal Care. We have Antenatal trained doctors who are Aligned with both Metro South (Mater Hospital) and Metro North (RBWH)
• Aged care.
• GP Management care plans and Health Assessments
• Workers Compensation
• Skin checks including excisions and biopsies
• Procedures such as ingrown toe nail resections
• ECG, Spirometry
• Iron Infusions (FerInject)
• Home Visits to known eligible patients
You can make an appointment by calling us on 07 3180 4768. Online bookings (standard appointments only) can also be made through our website or via the Medinet mobile app. Long appointments, Antenatal Care, Procedures, Care plans, Vaccinations CANNOT BE BOOKED ONLINE.
Please call us on 07 3180 4768 for a full list of our fees.
We offer appointments in order to reduce the waiting times for our patients. Every effort will be made to accommodate your preferred time and doctor, however this may not always be possible.
Appointment suggestions guide:
“Standard” – 15 min. Up to 2 straight forward issues
“Long” – < 30min. 1 complex condition or up to 3 straight forward issues
“Extended” – 30-60min. 1 very complex condition or 2 or more non straight forward issue.
We request in the event that you need to change or cancel your appointment that you give us at least 24 hours notice in advance so that we can offer it to another patient, otherwise a cancellation fee applies. This fee is payable before another appointment can be made.
Note: *Some services and procedures may not be available given the COVID19 Pandemic. Please call Myhealth Brisbane Showgrounds on 07 3180 4768 if you have any enquires regarding this prior to booking.
MONDAY – FRIDAY:
We are currently Bulk Billing Mon-Fri given the COVID19 pandemic until further notice
Appointments are Privately Billed, with a rebate available. Bulk billing is only available for patients 5 and under on Saturdays.
Cancellation Fee: $40 if < 24 hours notice is provided
Please note the following appointments cannot be Bulk Billed as there are no Medicare rebates available and attract a Private Fee:
• Insurance Paperwork
• Employment/ Pre-employment Paperwork
• Commercial Driver License Form
• Superannuation Forms
Certain Procedures attract a fee (Please check costs with reception staff):
• Mirena Insertion / Removal
• Implanon insertion / removal
• Skin Excisions and biopsies
• Full skin checks
• Nail wedge resection for Ingrown toenails
• Iron Infusions (FerInject)
For all enquiries, please contact Myhealth Brisbane Showgrounds on 07 3180 4768.